Established in 1998 by the Royal Government of Cambodia, RDB is an autonomous public enterprise authorized to process all banking operations and loan services to support agriculture sectors, SMEs and micro-finance institutions, which play an important role in rural development in Cambodia.
RDB has a vision to become a progressive bank, ranked as a commercial bank in order to efficiently take part in agriculture and rural economic development in compliance with government policy through serving effective and sustainable financial services to all stakeholders in Agriculture Value Chain. RDB is dedicated to reduce difficulties in accessing to finances in agricultural sector in the future.
RDB has missions to enhance the access to finance for every stakeholder of Agricultural Value Chain especially for those who do not have enough capacity to get accessed to finance but having a strong commitment and potential; who can be a key player to strengthen and to enhance the quality of the whole value chain. RDB encourages implementation of agricultural value chain finances via:
- Providing finance to credit operators, micro-finances and other financial institutions that their activities support rural economic development.
- Providing finance to legal entities such as companies, farmer organizations, agriculture cooperatives which activities involve in agricultural value chain including producing, storing, transforming, distributing, and exporting agricultural products especially rice.
- Providing syndicated loan with other financial institutions to implement projects in agriculture, rural and rural economic development sectors.
- Managing and implementing government’s financing project/fund or cooperating with developing partners in any pictures agreed by the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
- Attracting funds, concessional loans from developing partners to strengthen and expand RDB activities.